Hot Applied Thermoplastic
A hot applied single pack coating for road marking and runway surfaces designed to meeting with requirements of following specifications:
- British Standard BS 3262:1989
- European Standard EN 1871:2000 and EN 1436:2007
- American Standard AASHTO M249
- Customer Requirements
Designed with wide range of performance and composition specifications to meet all global climatic conditions. Our thermoplastic road marking materials covers full range of screed, extrusion and spray applications including the latest generation of heavy metal free and high performance road markings with excellent durability.
- Suitable for use on concrete (primed surface), bituminous and runway surfaces.
- Road marking application areas: markings at junction and crossings, stop lines and direction arrows, pedestrian crossings, center and edge markings on freeways and highways, etc.
- Thermoplastic road marking material is recommended for situations requiring good durability and night reflectance.
Features and Benefits:
- Excellent adhesion on suitable prepared surfaces
- Excellent durability and resistance to abrasion
- Excellent retro reflectivity and skid resistance
- Suitable for spray, screed and extrusion application
- 100% solid
|Color||: White and Yellow (other colors available upon request)|
|Binder Content||: Min. 18%|
|Glass Bead Content||: Min. 20%|
|Specific Gravity||: 2.00 ± 0.15 g/cc|
|Luminance Value||: White ≥ 75 and Yellow ≥ 55|
|Softening Point||: ≥ 95⁰C|
|Flash Point||: ≥ 250⁰C|
|Retro Reflectivity RL||: White ≥ 200 and Yellow ≥ 130|
|Luminance Coefficient Qd||: White ≥ 160 and Yellow ≥ 130|
|Skid Resistance||: ≥ 45|
|Surface Temperature||: Surface temperature should be ≥ 15⁰C|
|Method||: Screed, Extrusion or Spray Application|
|Substrate||: Asphalt or concrete surface (primed)|
|Application Temperature||: Spray 210 – 220⁰C and Screed/ Extrusion 170 – 200⁰C|
|Maximum Safe Heating Temperature||: 230⁰C|
Packaging and Storage:
- Thermoplastic shall be kept in dry protected areas out of direct sunlight, heat and severe cold.
- Shelf life is 1 year when stored in cool well ventilated place with temperature below 35ºC.
- Thermoplastic product is packed in approx. 25kg heat sealed PE bags supplied in 1 or 1.25 tonne lot.
- Each batch is palletized and shrink wrapped.